My new year’s resolution is to be a functional human being again.
Don’t get excited, I am not an alien (though that is exactly what an alien would say). I am just a human being who wants to a gazillion things, ends up doing none of them, and then bemoans the fact that she never has time for things.
Where does my time, my energy, my will to do things go?
Here’s a sampler of some of the things I should be doing instead of starting a new blog that I will probably never update:
- Finish any or all of the twelve works in progress I have on Archive Of Our Own.
- Post something (anything!) on my other blog, where the last post is apparently from January 2018.
- Finish rewriting the novel I wrote for NaNoWriMo 2017 (or at least start the rewrite).
- Study for my next semester of college.
- Learn any of the three languages I want to learn before the Duolingo owl gets so pissed with me he starts ignoring my calls.
And trust me, this really is just a sampler. A woman with four actively used email ids is not lying when she says she plans on doing a lot of shit.
But I never end up getting to the end of what I start, and that is why I came up with a system. The system has no name yet, but I am kinda excited for it, so I thought I’d post it here and track my progress with it as a means to keep myself accountable. Not saying it will work, not promising anything, but I am actually custom designing a motivational tool for myself and that’s too cool to not share.
Go check out my system! I will go think of a name for it while you browse…